Tactical Assault Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come and discuss tactics and whatever else is on your mind

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

is nothing possible?

Go down 
+2
Dinga
zapy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zapy

is nothing possible? Empty
PostSubject: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:27 pm

found this on another sight, found it interesting..

There is something that has always plagued mankind with its never ending complexity, nothing. What is nothing exactly because there is technically nothing which can be classed as nothing.

Dictionairy definition of nothing: The absence of something.

Nothing itself exists though as a word so therefore it does exist but it does mean an absence of something. So can nothing really exist?

EDIT:
Also if you try to describe nothing, you are describing nothing, which is something but you can not describe nothing.
Back to top Go down
Dinga
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:46 pm

very wise man brad Smile but so tru
Back to top Go down
wattson86
Admin
wattson86

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:18 am

alright im in a deep and meaningful mood.

if nothing is the absence of something
and something is anything, encompassing everything
then nothing could not exist
as nothing is the absense of something
but as nothing is something
nothing is not nothing, it is something
as it is by definition something

i had another theory but i lost it mid way through this one
Back to top Go down
Porky_12

Porky_12

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:18 am

But there is nothing in areas of space. Therefore by definition nothing is something. But physically nothing may exist?
Back to top Go down
zapy

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:22 am

Porky_12 wrote:
But there is nothing in areas of space. Therefore by definition nothing is something. But physically nothing may exist?
there are light partials in the middle of space otherwise you wouldn't see the stars, and if there is nothing in space besides nothing itself, nothing would exists besides nothing itself there.. i just confused myself Sad
Back to top Go down
wattson86
Admin
wattson86

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:51 am

depending on your definition of existence. Whilst light can be felt and seen, it does not have any mass or structure therefore could be argued as not existing in a way.

Another question, is the universe infinte? If it is, then why is the sky at night not completly lit up with stars as surely with an infinite universe, stars themselves would be infinite meaning from our point of view from earth all the night sky should be lit up by stars. If not, what is beyond the end of the universe
Back to top Go down
zapy

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:12 am

the dark matter absorbs most of the light from stars, how could light be non existent? look outside, see how its bright, that's from light, just disproved your theory by looking out a window..
Back to top Go down
Porky_12

Porky_12

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:13 am

Good point. Is there nothingness beyond stars? Or are we in a big box lol! affraid
Back to top Go down
Vendetta292
Admin
Vendetta292

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 am

thought about commenting this but the more i think about it the more i think this is the kinda shit some really really bored person think up.
and as im not that bored theres no need to think of it.
alas it will come in handy when i AM really really bored one day Wink
Back to top Go down
wattson86
Admin
wattson86

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:14 pm

zapy wrote:
the dark matter absorbs most of the light from stars, how could light be non existent? look outside, see how its bright, that's from light, just disproved your theory by looking out a window..

hmmm interesting. Can you grab me a sample of it? Probably not, on account of not having mass Suspect

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zapy

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:48 am

wattson86 wrote:
zapy wrote:

hmmm interesting. Can you grab me a sample of it? Probably not, on account of not having mass Suspect

Very Happy

if its not there then how can we see the effects of it?
Back to top Go down
Quandons

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 6:39 am

wattson next time I see you online can you grab me a sample of my voice and give it to me. You could record my voice but you could not hold my voice in you hands, Oh while you at it grab me some wind. I will trade you some bottles of air.
Back to top Go down
Porky_12

Porky_12

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:50 am

Lol yeah get involved. But what about space outside the atmosphere that is nothing.
Back to top Go down
Vendetta292
Admin
Vendetta292

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:23 pm

lol, damm this is an involved topic
Back to top Go down
Quandons

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:52 am

Basically you have to break it down like this. Think of what senses we have if we can smell it, feel it, touch it, hear it etc etc it has to be something even if we have to use technology to do one of the following.

The biggest head fuck is once we name something it therefor becomes something so if you break it down Nothing has been named so therefor nothing itself is something. I also think no matter how small an area you break down you will find some form of particle I am going to go with nothing is something and the abstance of something is not possible even in space.
Back to top Go down
Dinga
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:24 am

u are a very wise man DR quandons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is nothing possible?   is nothing possible? Empty

Back to top Go down

is nothing possible?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tactical Assault Group :: Real Life-
Jump to: